Nine Things to Know Before You Hire a Home Inspector
Our own Toby Deming made the Huffington Post. Read the full article here.
Interview with Toby Deming
Mortgage broker, Kim Dodge interviewed Toby Deming.
- Home Inspections with Toby Deming
– What to Expect & NOT Expect from your Inspector.
- Additional information can be found here: www.retirementreadywithkimdodge.com
Download a copy of archived AMI newsletters
- AMI Fall 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Spring 2012 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI November/Thanksgiving 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Fall 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Summer 2010 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Fall 2009 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Summer 2009 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Spring 2009 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Winter 2009 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Fall 2008 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Summer 2008 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Spring 2008 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Winter 2008 Newsletter (PDF)
- AMI Fall 2007 Newsletter (PDF)
Party Sewer FAQ
Learn more about party sewers in this document from the Bureau of Environmental Services and Development Services.
- Party Sewer FAQ (PDF)
The Importance of Kick-Out Flashing
You’ve heard the old saying “It’s the little things that matter.” Find out how this pertains to your home.
Download and review a detailed report from an AMI home inspection.
- Toby Deming – Sample Report – (PDF)
- Jim Katen – Sample Report– (PDF)
- Mark Lindgren – Sample Report (PDF)
- Jay Hensleigh – Sample Report (PDF)
- Alex Hayes – Sample Report (external web link)
- Ted Bump – Sample Radon Report (PDF) We currently use a few different models of radon testing units. The report style may vary slightly depending on machine used.
Maintenance Guides and other Home Owner Tips
- 10 Easy repairs the homeowner can make before the home inspection (Word): A list of 10 easy repairs a homeowner can make before the home inspection and how to prepare the home for the day of the inspection.Realtors, feel free to use these documents by printing on your own letterhead and distributing to your clients.
- Fall and Winter Maintenance Guide (PDF): Seven easy steps and ideas to help you protect and maintain your home during the fall and winter.
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCI) (PDF): An AFCI is a circuit breaker designed to quickly extinguish an electrical arc (also known as a short) and prevent electrical fires. Required for all circuits in bedroom outlets, smoke alarms and lighting.
- City of Portland Downspout Disconnect Program (PDF): Residents in target areas of east Portland may qualify for free help to disconnect their downspouts, reducing sewer overflow into the Willamette River.
- Sewer Line Problems and Sewer Inspections (PDF): Learn how to spot signs of trouble in your sewer line and how inspectors check for problems.
- Smoke Alarms (PDF): See the latest requirements for smoke alarms in existing homes and new construction, along with maintenance and replacement recommendations.
AMI Master Inspectors are proud members of these industry groups:
American Society of Home Inspectors: ASHI is the largest, oldest and most recognized organization of home inspectors in North America. Its thorough and well-designed web site provides a wealth of important information for both inspectors and home owners.
Oregon Association of Home Inspectors: OAHI maintains a list of certified inspectors, complete with membership status and contact information.